Proverbs 6 (KJV)
These totally make sense! And I’m sure every human on the face are guilty of at least one in their lifetime.
The first one is the one that got Lucifer in trouble! There are different versions of pride. You can be proud of your son/daughter for the accomplishments they made in school and have a sense of pride…but truthfully the first one reminded me of the pride which Lucifer/Satan has for the accomplishments he has performed. That must be exactly why GOD put this one up on top! You know GOD created everything and HE feels that same sense of pride with us, but HE also gets angry when we sin against HIM.
ANYTHING good in us is the result of Jesus Christ in us.
- Rolling the eyes in response to something said to them,
- Looking down on someone younger, different, or less intelligent
- Setting themselves up as the judge of others
- Thinking they are wiser than their parents and other elders
- Criticizing parents and other authorities
- Arguing with parents
- Disobeying and openly rebelling against authorities
- Boasting about one’s accomplishments, status, or knowledge
Again, this one reminds me of Satan. HE lies to himself, and because fo him many, many angels fate are sealed. He lies to us all to accomplish his goals. After all, he is the father of lies.
- Not telling the truth about a wrongdoing
- Withholding information that others need to have
- Hypocritical words
- Flattering to gain something from someone
- Exaggerating the facts
- Implying that something is true, or purposely leading someone to an incorrect assumption
- Telling partial truths
- Not honoring parents’ rules when they are absent
- Not offering evidence against a wrongdoer when necessary
- Committing to doing something with no real intention of following through
- Making excuses
- Blaming others for own sinful actions
HANDS THAT SHED INNOCENT BLOOD
This refers to murder. Cold-blooded murder. But, although we may have never committed murder, Jesus Christ reminds us that hating someone unreasonably, without offering forgiveness has committed a sin equivalent to murder. That’s a deep one!
- Hitting, biting, kicking, hurting others
- Striking parents
- Carelessly abusing or killing animals for amusement
A HEART THAT DEVISES WICKED SCHEMES
This encompasses thinking of conceiving evil against one another. Considering the state of our world…there’s no wonder blackness seeps out of every pore of humanity.
- Plotting revenge
- Snubbing someone
- Conspiring to deceive or hurt someone
- Lying about a long series of actions in order to cover sin
FEET THAT ARE QUICK TO DO EVIL
Poor Eve in the Garden of Eden didn’t have a clue as to the extent of her decision, or did she? There is only One Soul which can honestly deny this accusation…Jesus Christ. And thank you, Jesus for the salvation which you brought to us by your unwavering act of selfishness. Dying on the cross for us was no easy accomplishment. And He did it even though He knew that billions of souls would reject Him and The Father in heaven.
Do do it! Wherever it was/is that your are thinking. We are all guilty if at least ‘thinking’ of performing evil, and if we stop it in the brain before it became behavior, and acted upon it…then we are still guilty of conceiving the thought but at that point we can humble ourselves and ask for forgiveness.
- Joining with others to do wrong when the authority is not present
- Delighting in doing wrong
Lies are deplorable to GOD! Although it may seem like it’s a duplicate of the “lying tongue”…and it is to a certain extent…but this one drags someone other than yourself into the picture. When we were a child, it was nothing to tell our parents that a sibling committed the dirty deed which we had done…this is a perfect example. Filth in our hearts in which we willfully poisoned another.
- Falsely accusing someone of misbehavior and sin
- Misrepresenting a disagreement between people
- Falsely describing the actions of another person in a way that implies his guilt
- Not offering evidence against someone when asked to give testimony
- Covering for someone who has committed a wrongdoing
STIRRING UP CONTENTION
We see this one constantly, ESPECIALLY from our so-called Christian sector. Yes, especially Believers. It’s almost like a dual to the death as we strive to argue our point over a matter such as “The Trinity;”…”KJV vs. NIV; or whatever the case may be. You know that GOD has shed many a tear over this issue.
- Listening to gossip and repeating gossip
- Slandering, repeating truths that will harm another person’s reputation
- Leading others to imagine the worst about someone
- Stirring up disagreements and jealousies
- Arousing suspicions against someone
- Meddling in the disagreements of others
- Taking sides in disagreements
- Envying the success and blessing of others