THE NEED TO DO WARFARE AGAINST WATER SPIRITS AND HOW!
From the foregoing chapters, it is evident that the water-spirit kingdom is a very important arm of the kingdom of darkness of Satan and is an enemy kingdom.
In summary, they:
1. Contend with God’s sovereignty by laying claim to creation, dominion, power and wealth (Ezek 29:3, Ezek. 32:1-2)
2. Steal kill and destroy (Jn. 10:10) through various sins
3. Deceive (Rev. 12:13)
4. Make war with saints (Rev. 12:15, 17; Rev. 13:17, etc.)
5. Hinder the gospel by using “false prophets” to do evil and many undiscerning people visit these false prophets
6. Rule whole cities, nations or communities by manifesting through political leaders, witchcraft, sorcery and all manners of wickedness
THE RESPONSE GOD REQUIRES OF US
In the scriptures, God rebuked complacency in the women of Zion. The truth however is that God detests complacency not only in the women, but in His Body in Zion, the Church.
“Rise up, you women who are at ease,
Hear my voice;
You complacent daughters,
Give ear to my speech.
In a year and some days
You will be troubled, you
For the vintage will fail,
The gathering will not come.
Tremble, you women who are at ease;
Be troubled, you complacent ones;
Strip yourselves, make yourselves bare,
And gird sackcloth on your waists.
People shall mourn upon their breasts
For the pleasant fields, for the fruitful vine.
On the land of my people will come up thorns and briers,
Yes, on all the happy homes in the joyous city;
Because the palaces will be forsaken,
The bustling city will be deserted.
The forts and towers will become lairs forever,
A joy of wild donkeys, a pasture of flocks –
Until the Spirit is poured upon us from on high,
And the wilderness becomes a fruitful field,
And the fruitful field is counted as a forest” (Is 32:9-15).
From this scripture, we can see that our complacency in controlling our natural environment through intercession leads to many disasters:
- Pleasant fields turn to thorns and briers
- Harvests fail
- Prosperous and bursting cities become deserted
- Desolation (i.e., sin, satanic oppression, occultic influences) takes over cities and even the Church!
All these begin to manifest until the Spirit is poured down from on high and manifests through informed intercession and spiritual warfare, by God’s people and then:
- The wilderness becomes a fruitful field, and
- The fruitful field enlarges to become like forest
A father in intercession and spiritual warfare, Kjell Sjoberg, put this idea very well into his book, Winning the Prayer War.
God’s people, and those who pray, have the keys of a place. If they become slack in intercession, they are like a farmer ceasing to plow and cultivate his field. The evil spirits like weeds are free to grow again and to regain the upper hand. But if God’s people maintain their position of victory and take the responsibility for intercession in their area, then they become channels for God’s fullness, so that all can testify, “Here, the Lord truly lives among His people.”
If we desire to take our cities and nations for God and check the advance of wickedness and abominations around us, so that the kingdoms of this world might become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ, the church of God needs to become more sensitive and available for God’s need for a warrior company of people.
It is only as we yield ourselves to the prophetic and apostolic move of God in these last days that we can conquer our lands for our God.
GOD’S SEARCH FOR THE JOSHUA, CALEB, GIDEON, JEHU, ELIJAH AND DEBORAH COMPANY
By yielding ourselves to be among the warrior company, God will use in these last days; we will be:
1. Breaking bonds of wickedness in our territories and cities (Is. 58:6)
2. Setting captives free (Is. 49:24-26)
3. Enforcing the manifestation of God’s will and purposes (Eph. 3:10; Rom. 8:19)
4. Standing in our priestly office (1 Pet. 2:9)
5. Repairing and rebinding desolations of many generation and ruined cities (Is. 61: 4)
6. Causing God’s kingdom to come on earth and His will to be done (Lk. 11:2)
7. Causing the veil of darkness over cities and nations to be lifted and destroyed (Is. 25:7)
8. Recovering lands the enemy has taken through the ignorance of people and their involvement in idolatry (Deut. 2:24-25)
9. Breaking the power of curses and ancient covenants over the lands and the people (2 Kings 2:19-21)
WAGING WARFARE AGAINST WATER SPIRITS
The following are ways to wage war against water spirits.
1. Spiritual mapping:
Spiritual mapping can be defined as the discerning of the actual spiritual state of a place or entity through seeing beyond what the place or entity appears to be.
The enemy, Satan, is still the same, but as the warfare against his kingdom heats up, he is also operating in more subtle ways developing inroads and strongholds clandestinely in homes, offices, educational institutions, recreational systems, arts and culture, etc. This is apart from places in our environment where his presence is more obvious.
To do effective warfare against the powers of darkness now, it is important to identify the princes, powers and demons by name, identify their locations, discover the history of their presence in particular locations, identify “happenings” in our environment traceable to particular principalities and powers, etc.
“ Every purpose is established by counsel; by wise counsel wage war” (Prov. 20:18).
“…but through knowledge the righteous shall be delivered” (Prov. 11:9b).
The Bible encourages us to be cautious:
“…lest Satan should take advantage of us;
for we are not ignorant of his devices” (2 Cor. 2:11).
Spiritual mapping exposes the enemy preventing him from taking advantage over us. The knowledge we gain from spiritual mapping helps us to do effective warfare so that we will not be like men who “beat the air” (1 Cor. 9:26b).
Spiritual mapping information concerning our lives, families, establishments, territories, cities, nations, etc., can be acquired by:
- Observation of our natural environment with the gift of discernment of Spirit
- Conducting interviews and asking informed questions about the environment; elders in the environment can be particularly useful (Job 12:12)
- Examining books, and other print and media materials
- Listening to God in prayers and fasting (Ps. 25:14; Prov. 25:2) as you ask the Holy Spirit for information and relevant warfare strategies
2. Personal deliverance from water spirit manifestations:
- Bring repentance for every initiation and dedication, sacrifices made and covenants entered into, vows and marriages contracted with water spirits, worship given to them, etc. (Is. 59:1,2; 2 Chr. 7:14; Prov. 28:13).
- Make atonement through the blood of Jesus, the blood of the new covenant (Heb. 9:22; Heb. 12:24).
- Renounce these connections, covenants, dedications divorce all spiritual marriage through initiation and/or dreams.
- Break all tokens of satanic covenants you made with the water spirits.
- Allow the spirit to be cast out.
- Carry out spiritual warfare against all points of contact and tokens in the sun, moon and stars because the tides are controlled by the moon (Ps. 21:6-8).
WEAPONS OF WARFARE AGAINST WATER SPIRITS
A. The sword of the Lord (Is. 27:1)
B. The hook of the Lord (Ezek. 29:3-5)
C. The mighty arm of the Lord (Ps. 89:10, 13; Job 26:136)
D. The power of God’s presence (1 Sam. 5:2-4)
E. The blood of Jesus (Rev. 12:11)
F. The weapon of praise (2 Chr. 20)
G. Prophetic declaration into the water (2 Kings 2:19-21)
3. Community Deliverance from Water Spirit Manifestation:
- Corporate fasting and praying to receive divine strategies and scriptures from the Lord (Josh. 5:13, Josh. 6:5)
- Bring corporate identificational repentance for the worship, priesthood, vows and covenants made with the water spirits, etc. (Neh. 1:4 -11; Dan. 9:3-19, Ezra 9:1-15).
- Carry out spiritual warfare with scriptures the Lord lays in your heart while waiting on Him.
- Usually, the Lord lays it in the heart of His warriors to do some prophetic praying and take some prophetic actions.
4. Some prophetic actions the Lord had directed in some previous warfare against water spirits include:
- Anointing the waters with anointing oil over which we had prayed
- The brethren take communion and pour out the remaining wine of the communion into the waters, symbolic of the blood of Jesus.
- Relevant scriptures are written in small pieces of paper and thrown into the waters with prophetic declarations
- Some brethren have been led to drop the whole Bible or New Testament Bible alone into some waters with specific proclamations over the waters.
- Scriptures are given in some instances to be declared and proclaimed over the waters.
There is a river in the city of Ibadan, southwest Nigeria called Ogunpa, which for several years overflows its banks and causes death and wanton destruction of property. In 2001, the Lord led us to begin to pray against the forces operating through the river.
As we prayed, the Lord gave us several strategies including:
- Getting some brethren to prayer-walk some portions of the banks of the river
- Prophetically changing its name from Ogunpa, a god that kills, to Idunu, a thing of joy
- Corporate warfare
- Prophetic action of dropping scriptures written on pieces of paper into the river, anointing the river by pouring oil into it, pouring salt into it and taking communion by the river throwing the remaining communion things into the river
- Praising and worshiping God thereafter by the river
Since that time, there has been no overflowing of the river and the government has designated a large amount of money for the channeling of the river.